Deans' and Chancellor's Award Guidelines
The Deans and Chancellor wish to encourage and stimulate outstanding scholarship and creativity among undergraduate students, based on work developed in courses or programs in the normal pattern of 2014-2015 academic activity at UCSC.
Completed applications must be submitted by April 6, 2015.
DEANS' UNDERGRADUATE AWARDS
Fifty undergraduates, 10 from each of the academic divisions will receive a Dean’s Award of $100 for outstanding achievement in their division.
CHANCELLOR'S UNDERGRADUATE AWARDS
Fifteen Chancellor’s Awardees, three from each division, will be selected from the Deans' Award lists to receive the Chancellor’s Award of an additional $500.
The Steck Award will recognize the most outstanding research project chosen from the fifteen Chancellor’s Awardees. This student will receive an additional $1000. In addition, his or her research project will be bound and copies given to the student, the research supervisor, the UC Santa Cruz Library, and the Steck Family whose generous contributions have made this award possible.
Winners of the Deans', Chancellor's and Steck awards will be honored during Undergraduate Student Achievement Week, June 1 – 5, 2015. The names of the winners will also be acknowledged at graduation.
- All submissions must include one supporting statement by the faculty sponsor, who will be emailed a link to submit the letter of recommendation online.
- All submissions must include either an attachment of a thesis or a URL to the project or performance.
- Foreign language projects must be accompanied by appropriate translation.
- Technical papers must include an abstract in non-technical language.
- Projects completed in spring 2014 (but not submitted in last year’s competition) are eligible for the 2014-15 competition, even if the student has already graduated.
- Previous award winners are eligible only for projects in a completely different area.
- The deadline to submit the online application is April 6, 2015.
Apply for the Deans', Chancellor's and Steck Awards - click here
Application requires use of your CruzID Blue password.
Questions regarding the guidelines can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.